Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Internship for Supervision

Discussion week 3 EDLD 5397

APA
APA format is the official style used by the American Psychological Association (APA) and is commonly used to cite sources in psychology, education, and social sciences. APA format may seem difficult, but it will become easier once you familiarize yourself with the rules and format.
About APA Style
When editors or teachers ask you to write in APA Style®, they are referring to the editorial style that many of the social and behavioral sciences have adopted to present written material in the field. APA Style was first developed 80 years ago by a group of social scientists who wished to establish sound standards of communication. Since that time, it has been adopted by leaders in many fields and has been used by writers around the world.
Share your understanding of the IRB policy. 
An institutional review board is a committee that has been designated to monitor and review and approve research that involves human subjects.  IRB policy is put in place to protect humans from physical or psychological harm for studies in the field of health and social sciences that includes: anthropology, sociology and psychology.  
Does your district have an IRB policy? 
Our district does not have an IRB policy.
Progress in Action Research Project
I have made ample progress in my Action Research Project but it has been a tough road on which I am walking alone to find some answers to my questions and to see some results which are positive and helpful for the students especially boys who struggle in school more than the girls. My research is based on various information collected through data and surveys compiled together. I am trying to find ways to enhance student learning by using different interventions, strategies, differentiation in instruction theory and parental involvement. Though my research is only limited to the entire first grade class but I strongly feel that other grade levels can also benefit out of it. I have learned many things during this research project but the one most important thing that I have learned is not to stress out when things don’t work out on your timing since someone else did not have the time to work with you or to answer your questions or to provide data or support .I have not learned to give up easily and I keep persevering towards my goal and intention to succeed.


No comments: